Join the Rooftop staff
The following are open staff positions at Rooftop. Questions? Email Pastor Matt Herndon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastor of Connections and Outreach
DESCRIPTION: Rooftop is an inter-denominational, energetic, growing, medium-sized, 20-year-old Christian church reaching a diversity of people in an inner suburb of St. Louis. More than your typical post-modern church, Rooftop maintains a commitment to big-tent Biblical orthodoxy while also embracing authenticity, humor and even a bit of irreverence for the sake of reaching all kinds of people with the love and truth of Jesus. After moving into a larger, renovated building in November 2016 and getting ready to successfully launch a daughter-church in the summer of 2020, we are ready to consider our next steps as a congregation. These next steps include hiring an associate-level pastor to lead our outreach efforts, oversee connections ministries, and also assist with the general teaching and pastoral responsibilities.
- Outreach and Evangelism. Oversight of all church outreach efforts including planning of outreach events and supervision of outreach-oriented ministries. Empowerment of the church body to do the work of outreach, service, and evangelism.
- Connections. Leadership over the Connections ministry and sub-ministries (Greeting, Hospitality, etc.), in which newcomers are welcomed intentionally and integrated into the life of the church.
- Leader Supervision and Development. Supervision of current volunteer leaders and development of future ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Preaching and Teaching. Monthly Sunday morning preaching and ongoing small group leadership.
- Pastoral Care. Pastoral care in a variety of contexts: counseling, weddings, funerals, marital help.
- Miscellaneous. Shared administrative and pastoral work with Lead Pastor and current staff, and service to the Elder Team as directed.
- Spiritual gifts desired include some combination of teaching, leadership, encouragement, administration, prayer, and evangelism.
- Passion for outreach and evangelism, and experience mobilizing outreach efforts.
- Experience in event planning, assimilation, and leading volunteers.
- Masters-level theological and ministry training preferred but not required. Teaching and preaching experience preferred.
- A cooperative and selfless spirit, not prone to argumentativeness or arrogance. Self-starter. One who has a history of leadership submissive to elders and capable of working as a team member with other ministry leaders.
- Spiritually mature in terms of prayer and study.
- Honest and forthcoming concerning patterns of sin and past history.
- Committed to basic Christian theology and Rooftop’s Statement of Faith.
- Committed to Rooftop’s purpose, practices, and personality as a church.
- Committed to long-term employment and involvement at Rooftop Church. Interest in possible future church-planting or serving as a site pastor strongly considered.
SALARY: Competitive Compensation & Salary.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Apply ASAP
SEND RESUME TO: Rooftop Church in St. Louis, MO; 9217 Gravois, St. Louis, 63123, email@example.com. Additionally, send 1-2 letters of recommendation, and list of 4-5 references. Apply ASAP.