Learn to lead more like Jesus
In order for Rooftop to keep growing deeper and wider in pursuit of our mission to be followers of Christ who make followers of Christ who make followers of Christ, we need (among many things) more and better leaders.
The importance of this is increased by the exciting prospect of our first-ever church plant, which will also leave the original Rooftop with a shortage of committed members and leaders. We need to continue to generate new leaders to serve at Rooftop and beyond. And we need to provide opportunities for those leaders to receive the leadership training they need.
The Rooftop Leadership Institute (RLI) will function as a monthly discussion and training opportunity for existing and future Rooftop leaders to learn (and hopefully apply) important leadership principles.
These training meetings will include:
· STUDY of leadership wisdom gleaned from the work of leadership experts
· DISCUSSION of personal leadership challenges
· STRATEGIZING ways to grow as leaders in our individual leadership contexts
· FELLOWSHIP with other leaders who can offer mutual support
· PRAYER for the Holy Spirit’s blessing on our leadership efforts
Every month RLIers will have the chance to read an important leadership text and discuss its contents. Texts will include:
· Strengths-Based Leadership by Gallup
· In the Name of Jesus: Principles of Christian Leadership by Henri Nouwen
· The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive by Patrick Lencioni
· The Making of a Leader by Robert Clinton
· Leading with a Limp by Dan Allender
· Principle-Centered Leadership by Steven Covey
· Canoeing the Mountains: Christian Leadership in Uncharted Territory by Tod Bolsinger
· Lead Like Jesus: Lessons from the Greatest Leadership Role Model of All Time by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges
· Basic Christian Leadership by John Stott
· Other texts as identified by Pastor Matt and group participants
Rooftop will provide a FREE COPY of Strengths-Based Leadership to all participants, as a signal of our investment and belief in your leadership potential. Participants may purchase subsequent texts on your own dime as a signal of your investment in yourself as a growing leader. (Purchasing these texts is not required to participate.)
RLI will take place MONTHLY but will offer TWO OPPORTUNITIES TO ATTEND ONE MONTHLY MEETING. If you can’t make one, you can always make the other:
· The second Monday night of the month, 7:30-9:00PM
· The fourth Saturday morning of the month, 8:30-10:00AM
Our FIRST MEETINGS will take place on Monday, April 8th (7:30) or Saturday, April 27th (8:30).
Pastor Matt. With an occasional guest appearance.
ANYONE interested in growing as a leader may attend—both existing and future leaders at Rooftop. (Pastor Matt reserves the right to approve participation, based on your leadership gifting and fit within the group.) Young may attend but must be in high school or higher.
Leaders are typically busy and overworked people, and the last thing they need is something else to do and feel guilty about not attending as regularly as they would like. (Leaders also tend to be very conscientious.) RLI will have an OPEN-DOOR, NO GUILT policy for anyone who wants to attend as regularly or irregularly as they may be able. Members may come having completed or not completed the reading, as the discussion and prayer should be of benefit to anyone.
RLI will be an ongoing development opportunity, with no “graduation” or formal “next steps.” You can remain involved as long as you would like. During the course of RLI, we will continually discuss new leadership opportunities in and outside the church that attenders may want to consider.
RSVP to Pastor Matt with by MARCH 31 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-669-4966 (text).