Learn more about using Rooftop's building and make a request.
We are happy to allow you the use of Rooftop Church’s building, which God has graciously put in our care. Please read and understand the following requirements before completing your building request form.
WHO CAN USE THE BUILDING?
Priority is given to events in the following order:
TYPE A: Official church events (services, ministry events, small groups, ground-floor events, etc.)
TYPE B: Personal events (weddings, showers, parties, etc.) “sponsored” and attended by Rooftoppers, 18-years and above, who have been attending Rooftop regularly as their exclusive church home for six months. This does not include Trivia Nights because of the fund-raising nature of the activity, the large # of people and the technical needs of the events.
TYPE C: Community events sponsored by all other persons (weddings, birthday parties, recovery groups, etc.), and any Trivia Nights not directly sponsored by a Rooftop Church ministry.
TYPE D: Use for business. (As a spiritual and community organization, and given the availability of other business-spaces available in the area, we do not prioritize use of the building as a place for business.)
The leadership of Rooftop reserves the right to “bump” certain events for those of greater priority to the church — with proper notice (although we do not intend to take advantage of that right.) In the case of any building usage request, the leadership of Rooftop Church reserves the right to make the final determination as to whether or not usage may be authorized.
HOW DO I BOOK SPACE?
Facility usage must be coordinated in advance with the Rooftop Schedulers. Rooftop ministry leaders should use the Planning Center Online app to make their requests, which can be found at planningcenteronline.com. Contact a staff member for access.
Church attenders and community members must request space by filling out a “Building Use Request” form below. Hard copies are available in the Rooftop Office.
All requests should be made at least TWO WEEKS prior to your event, although we’d prefer more notice. Any request made within two weeks of an event will be accommodated as much as possible, but not guaranteed.
A Rooftop Scheduler will put a “hold” on the calendar once we receive your request and deposit, if applicable. You will be notified when it is approved, which can take up to a week.
Building Use Fee – A minor building use fee is charged to certain types of events to help recover heating and cooling costs, as well as bathroom supplies and wear-and-tear on the facility itself. The fees for individual types of events are as follows:
TYPE A (Official church events): No charge.
TYPE B (Use by Rooftoppers): No charge. (Excluding weddings; see below.)
TYPE C (Non-Rooftop Community Groups or Individuals): For community events lasting three hours or less, users must pay a $100 building-use fee for the Welcome Center, Community Center, Worship Center, Youth Center, the Kitchen, Theater or any other classroom or meeting space. Additional hours will incur an additional charge of $25 per hour. For ongoing use by community groups (such as weekly or monthly meetings), the user may be eligible for 50% reduction in cost. (Excluding weddings; see below.)
TYPE D (Business use): For one-time business use for events lasting three hours or less, users must pay a $200 building-use fee for the Welcome Center, Community Center, Worship Center, Youth Center, the Kitchen, Theater or any other classroom or meeting space. Additional hours will incur an additional charge of $50 per hour. For ongoing use by any business, the user may be eligible for a negotiated fee reduction.
Facility Manager Fee – Users from outside Rooftop – type (c) will be charged a $20 per hour fee to pay a facilities manager to be on site during an event if it falls outside normal business hours. This fee is directly paid to the facility manager.
Security Deposit - Anyone using the building for events of type (b) and (c) must submit a $100 security deposit for the space with an exception of $200 deposit for the Worship or Community Centers) at least two weeks before the event. The payment – cash or check – will be held and then returned to the user after their event if the space is clean and free of damage. If the Rooftop Scheduler determines the user did not meet the requirements of cleaning and maintaining the space, the deposit will be forfeited.
The Rooftop staff reserves the right to adjust or waive building fees based on individual circumstances.
Weddings – Individual fees for weddings are listed below. Checks should be made out individually to each person. Deposits are required at the time of booking. Wedding and Reception Fees are due two weeks prior to the wedding. Other fees are due any time prior to, or on, the day of the wedding.
· Ceremony Security Deposit ($200) for the wedding and wedding rehearsal. Required at the time the building is reserved. Will be returned within two weeks if the space is clean and free of damage. Made out to Rooftop.
· Reception Security Deposit ($100) for the reception, if one is being held. Required at the time the building is reserved. Will be returned within two weeks if the space is clean and free of damage. Made out to Rooftop.
· Wedding Fee ($200) to use the Worship Center (and other rooms) for the wedding and rehearsal. Even without a rehearsal, the Wedding Fee is $200. (This fee may be waived if the couple has been attending Rooftop as their exclusive church home for more than six months.) Made out to Rooftop.
· Reception Fee ($100) to use the Community Center for the wedding reception. (This fee may be waived if the couple has been attending Rooftop as their exclusive church home for more than six months.) Made out to Rooftop.
· Coordinator Fee ($200) for the Wedding Coordinator, who will assist in planning the wedding and supervising use of the building. (This fee may be reduced to $100 if the couple is bringing their own coordinator to plan and run the ceremony.) Made out to Coordinator.
· Sound Fee ($100) for the Sound Technician to oversee sound and lighting. Made out to the Sound Technician.
· Stage Fee ($300) if the couple would like the instruments and platform taken down for their ceremony. (This fee may be reduced to $100 if the couple wants only the instruments to be taken down, and not the stage platform.) Made out to Rooftop.
· Officiant Fee ($200) for the pastor performing the ceremony. (Not all Rooftop pastors charge this fee. Contact the officiating pastor to see if he does.) Made out to the Pastor.
· Facility Manager Fee ($20/hr) to be present during the reception, when the Wedding Coordinator has left. (This fee may be waived if the couple has been attending Rooftop as their exclusive church home for more than six months and has a Rooftop member available to manage the building during the reception.) Made out to the Facility Manager.
Clean-up Policy - Please leave the facility in a condition better than that in which you found it. Cleaning supplies/equipment can be found in the ground floor cleaning closet and the boiler room. Use the following checklist as you clean-up and shut down the building:
a) Furniture placed back in original places; tables wiped down, folded, and put away (if applicable)
b) All trash taken out to the dumpster and bags replaced.
c) Floor vacuumed if needed. Please do not mop welcome center, hallway or community center floors.
d) All electronic equipment off – assuming you had permission from appropriate parties to use it in the first place.
e) Turn lights off (except light in front hallway, which is always on for security purposes)
f) All four sets of doors locked – the two entrances in the lobby, the Welcome Center entrance and the third set of doors in near the handicapped ramp.
Any users who do not follow the clean-up procedures may forfeit their Security Deposit.
Parking - All of Rooftop’s parking spots are available for any event at the facility. In addition, street parking is available in the nearby neighborhood during weekdays. Please do not park in nearby businesses.
Smoking/Alcohol - Rooftop is a smoke-free facility. Anyone wanting to smoke must do so outside. All ashes and butts must be disposed of properly (i.e. not dropped and left on the ground). Alcohol is allowed in the building with prior consent of a Rooftop Scheduler. Those using our facilities and their guest are required to drink responsibly.
Key Code – A Rooftop Scheduler will issue a one-time-use key code for users to access the building through the lobby for their event. Users will receive their code at least one day in advance. Users may unlock other entrances but must re-lock the doors when departing. The key code will not work past that day. This only applies to Rooftop Family Members hosting events. Non-Rooftop hosted events will have a Facilities Manager on-site to unlock the building.
Kitchen Use – Event hosts may use the sinks, refrigerators, ice machine, microwaive and freezer without additional approval. Use of any additional equipment (including the stove/range) requires prior approval from Rooftop’s kitchen manager, who will be contacted by staff once a request is made. All equipment must be cleaned and returned to its storage space. The church’s kitchenware may be used for your event (i.e, metal silverware, serving platters, bowls); the paper products will need to be provided by the party hosting an event (i.e., plates, napkins, styrofoam cups, plastic silverware). If the kitchen is not cleaned, the deposit will be forfeited.
Heating / Cooling - The thermostat has been set to keep the building comfortable at predictable times – the offices and meeting rooms during the day, the entire building (sanctuary) during worship rehearsals and on Sunday mornings. If you need the thermostat adjusted for your own activity and can’t figure out how to do it, contact the office staff.
Liability for damage - Persons using the facility are liable for any damage done to the facility due to the event being held there, unless otherwise directed by the elders of the church.
Contact info - If you need any help with the facility, contact Kelsey Jackson at 314-596-2432 or Jeremy Zilkie at 314-399-9886. If you have any spills or breaks to report, contact Heather or Rebecca ASAP.