YTH High School Outdoor Adventure
Johnson Shut In State Park | Wednesday, July 21 (8 am - 4 pm) | Registration deadline is July 19
We will be traveling to Johnson Shut In State Park for swimming and hiking. A “shut-in” is a place where a river narrows and has many boulder obstacles. No boats can traverse this section of the river. Johnson Shut In State Park has trails and many swimming spots. The shut In swimming is ranked second-best in the nation. For those who want to take a break from swimming, a hike will be provided.
- 8 am - Depart Rooftop after day pack essentials check and prayer. Bring your own snacks for travel. We will stop for a bathroom break.
- 9:30 am - Arrive at Johnson Shut-In trailhead. Trail lunch provided.
- TBD Depart for Rooftop. Bring your own snacks for travel. We will stop for a bathroom break and fast food treat. All participants will call home 30 minutes prior to arrival at Rooftop.
- 4 pm - Approximate arrival to Rooftop parking lot. Clean out vehicles.
What to bring:
- Completed permission form
- Walking or hiking shoes
- Swimming shoes
- Clothes for swimming
- Clothes for travel
- Water bottle
- Personal medicine
- Spending money for snacks
- Small backpack
- Plastic trash bag
- Insect spray
Students must register by Monday, July 19. Use the form below to sign up. Then click on the button to download the permission form to bring with you the day of the event.